Monday, July 21, 2008

Make It Yourself . . . Pizza

Pizza is a regular thing around our house. I love it. Yes, it is my favorite food. Alas, my husband cannot have red sauce very much because of his acid reflux. He has a few pizza places he can eat at (actually mainly one), but I need a little more variety. Anyway, I have tried several recipes for crusts and sauces over the years. Here are a few:

Papa John's Pizza sauce (a copycat recipe)
Crockpot Spaghetti sauce (which I have used because it has a lot of veggie's in it)
Pizza Hut crust and sauce

Here is a recipe for a pizza crust that I used today. I thought it worked fine, but if you use it, make sure to add an extra cup of flour. I had to do that because the dough was wet and sticky. I also kneaded it and let it rise for about 5 minutes.

Here is another pizza recipe that is pretty healthy.

I am always on the lookout for good recipes for pizza crusts and sauces. If you have any that are your favorite - let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly