Pizza Crust (I did mine in the bread machine and I used King Arthur's White Whole Wheat Flour)
1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese
15-20 pieces of pepperoni (chopped up small - I used kitchen scissors)
Pizza Dipping Sauce
1. Put pizza dough in the bread machine. In the meantime you can shred the cheese (if you need to) and chop up the pepperoni (I used my kitchen scissors) and mix the two and store in a bowl.
2. Start making the pizza dipping sauce. It will need to cook for 30 minutes. If you use the recipe above then I would add 1 T of sugar as one of the reviewers posted. You could make this while the dough is in the machine and then refrigerate it until you need it.
3. Once the pizza dough is done, take about a third of it and roll it out thinly and then use a large glass to cut circles out of it. Take your circle of dough and press it out a little and put a spoonful of filling into it and fold the dough over and press it closed with a fork.
4. Brush the tops with olive oil and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Bake at 375 for fifteen to twenty minutes.
5. Serve warm with the pizza dipping sauce.
This recipe makes about 19 pizza bites. I haven't tried it but these would probably do really well frozen. You could freeze them fully cooked and pull them out and microwave them for a quick lunch.
This post is listed at Blessed with Grace – Tempt my Tummy Tuesday and Balancing Beauty and Bedlam – Tasty Tuesday.