Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Freezer Cooking for June


I enjoy freezer cooking or OAMC.  It saves me so much time each night.  I do my menu planning 2 months at a time. I freeze some meals and also just freeze certain ingredients for some of the other meals.  I am always tweaking my plans to make my freezer day easier.  I usually do it over two days.  Most of my bread items are made in the bread maker so it runs about half a day.  I love my "kitchen servants". 

Here is my plan:

Breakfast:
Whole Wheat blueberry muffins
Breakfast burritos
Fruity Breakfast Burritos
Frozen Fruit Cups
Breakfast Cookies


Lunch: (most of the lunches are also suppers so I will just double suppers for lunches)
Chicken Fried Rice
Marvelous Mini Meat loafs
Black Bean Burgers and homemade buns
Whole Wheat Pizza Bites with dipping sauce
Chicken Broccoli Alfredo Calzones


Breads:
Hamburger buns
homemade tortillas
Whole Wheat Pitas
Whole Wheat Bread Sticks
Whole Wheat Pizza Crust – (I made these last time and formed the pizza, pre-baked it on my pizza stone for 5 minutes, cooled it and froze it and wrapped it in foil and I can make quick and easy pizzas anytime.  This dough will make 3 large thin-type crusts.  I have found that to be true.  You could do just 2 but the dough is a little thick for my tastes.)


Suppers:

Beef:
All Purpose Ground Meat Mix
*With the meat mix I can make sloppy joes, bacon cheeseburger roll up, cheesy beef and rice casserole, taco mac, and
 
Chicken:

Chicken Bombay
Chicken and Spinach with penne

Others:


Oven Baked Beans and Pork Chops

Teriyaki Pork Chops
Best Grilled pork chops
Pepperoni Lasagna Roll Ups


Snacks and Sides:

Baked Beans
Chewy Granola Bars
Mudballs
Whole Wheat Graham Crackers

Thanks to Life as a Mom for hosting this.

3 comments:

  1. i wish i was this organized and had time to put this kind of thing together....

    *soooo jealous*

    ReplyDelete
  2. The pizza bites look good. I'll put your crust recipeon my list for next session! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your ideas are wonderful. I wish I could pull together something so ambitious. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly