Sunday, April 17, 2011

Menu Plan Monday - 4.17.11



I have been making bacon and eggs for breakfast every morning.  My husband convinced me that it was a meal that kept you full almost until lunch so I have been trying it and I have to agree.  I make turkey bacon ahead (cook in the oven and then freeze) so that all I have to do is microwave the turkey bacon and then scramble the eggs.  Well, my husband likes his fried with the yoke broke but the rest of us do scrambled.  The variety in breakfast has went way down (as if we ever had that much variety) but at least everyone likes it and it seems to keep us all full for a while anyway.  You will see lots of repeats from last week.  I'm not sure what happened but we seemed to have lots of leftovers last week.


Also, I highly recommend the Sweet N Sour Beans and cornbread.  It was so good.  It was a very easy and economical meal.

Breakfast:

Scrambled Eggs and turkey bacon
Cereal and Milk (if we run out of eggs)

Lunch:
Salad with shredded cheese, thinly sliced almonds, precooked chicken and homemade dressing
Tortilla pizza or chicken nuggets or homemade uncrustables and veggie straws and apples for the kids

Supper:

Hamburgers and fries, carrots
Beef and Broccoli Stir Fry with Stir Fry veggies
Sticky Chicken and baked potatoes in the slow cooker, corn and salad
Firecracker Salmon and salad
Chicken and Spinach with penne
Perfect marinade for grilled steaks and potatoes in foil packets, green beans and peaches
Easter at my Dad's!



Have a wonderful week!

5 comments:

  1. promise i'm not stalking you (leaving two comments in one day...) buuuuut...
    i've bookmarked your salmon recipe. i'm excited to try it. michael's not the biggest fish fan, so i'm always looking for new tasty recipes to offer him ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Katherine,

    You can stalk me anytime. Ha, let me know what you think about it. Surprisingly we all actually like salmon here. Although my oldest son still thinks its chicken but at least he eats it that way.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chicken and Spinach with Penne sounds yummy! We love beans and corn bread around there too! I'll have to try that recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Sticky Chicken thing sounds great and the whole meal would go over well with my family.

    http://scatteredthoughtsofasahm.blogspot.com/2011/04/easy-taco-muffins-recipe.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crystal,
    Let me know how you like the beans recipe.

    Hopewell,
    The sticky chicken is one of our favorites. I hope you all like it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly