Sunday, May 22, 2011

Praying for Sara

My sister-in-law Sara has been through a lot in the last 18 months.  From seziures to her baby being born with a heart condition to her baby having to have heart surgery not once but twice to someone shooting up her house and car around New Years to today.  They have had a massive tornado in her hometown and while she, her husband and her baby are safe their house did not fair as well.  Half their roof is gone.  The shed and the deck are gone.

The high school was severely damaged as well as the local hospital.  The Wal-mart was destroyed.  Her husband and baby had just left there.  We are still finding out more but I am asking that you please pray for the town of Joplin, Missouri and please pray for my SIL and her family.

Here is the Wal-mart where my brother-in-law and nephew were in.


There is live streaming here telling about more of the devastation.

We are incredibly thankful that God is merciful and spared their lives.  But now there is much to do because their house is half destroyed so they will need a lot of support in the coming days.

And if you need a visual here they are:

4 comments:

  1. I just have been reading about this on some other sites. Talk about hitting close to home for you!

    I will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing. She sure has been through a lot! I will be praying.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I was so sad when Josh told me about the tornado last night (as you can see, I don't get out much because I just found out) I'm so glad your family is safe, but will be praying for them and all of the families affected by this tragedy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you ladies - they definitely need your prayers.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly