Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Freezer cooking after bedtime - Monday Wrap Up


Last's nights freezer cooking went pretty smoothly.  I changed up a few things.  I just got pork chops instead of the pork ribs for grilling.  I did not make the mini meatloaves.  I  put everything in smaller bags because my kids sometimes don't eat as much so sometimes we fix too much.

I put the taco mix in the Crock Pot to cook on low after the hamburger mix gets done - so no stove cooking and I can just let it be.

The chicken mix I did in my other Crock Pot so I didn't have to do any stove cooking on that one either.

The versatile meat mix was easy because I just threw it together, formed the Salisbury steak and meatballs.  Baked the meatballs and that was done.

The rest of the meals were just easy marinades that I could just pour in the bags.  The one thing I did was buy thick cut pork chops and cut them in half to stretch the meals.

Here is what I ended up with:

Versatile Beef Mix

  • Salisbury Steak (2 meals)
  • Meatballs (2 meals worth)
Taco Beef Mix - (8 quart sized bags - about 4-6 meals)

Hamburger Mix - (1 quart size bag of meat - rest used in taco mix)

Zesty BBQ Slow Cooker Chicken (4 quart sized bags full; once shredded it makes more)

Chicken Mix (used only 2 chickens)
  • Chicken Broth (8 quart size bags worth)
  • Shredded chicken (8 quart size bags worth)
Pork chops:

And that is all for today!  We will see how my 50 pounds of potatoes turn out tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly