Still using more of the freezer cooking that I did in my menu plan this week. Last week's menu went pretty well. I am really getting used to not having to cook everyday. It is so nice.
I am finally starting to have a plan for longer term food storage. Last time food's storage was the 10 lbs. of pinto beans and this week I bought extra long grain rice. I am having a really hard time making myself buy white rice even if it is just for food storage. I just don't want to eat it. We are so used to brown. But brown does not keep for that long.
Now onto my menu, as usual I keep breakfast and lunches simple. We eat the same thing week after week for breakfast and lunch and we have not died of boredom yet. I make a bunch of the blender batter waffles on Saturday to put in the freezer for the rest of the week. I also cook my bacon in bulk and freeze to pull out and microwave during the week.
- Scrambled Eggs, turkey bacon and peaches
- Blender Batter Waffles
- Smoothies - made with frozen fruit (peaches, blueberries, strawberries), water and honey and toast
- Giant Breakfast Cookies and peaches
- Cereal and milk
- Homemade Uncrustables (using homemade bread and strawberry jam), carrots and applesauce
- Freezer brown bag burritos, corn and apples
- Leftovers (we almost always have leftovers for lunch)
- Slow Cooker Pineapple Pork Roast, rice and green beans
- Walking Tacos with onions, lettuce, tomatoes and corn and fruit
- Salisbury Steak and noodles with gravy, green beans and fruit
- Spaghetti and meatballs, broccoli and garlic bread
- Pizza, Easy whole wheat breadsticks, Spinach Salad and strawberry slushies
- Pork chops, scalloped potatoes, and spinach salad
- Leftover Buffet
What's cooking at your house this week?