Wednesday, May 16, 2012

10 Minute Microwave Timer Workout

I am the worst at getting workouts in and I need to get them in badly.  I saw this on Dr. Oz yesterday.  I thought it was a great idea and I actually did it today.  Check it out here.

 Here is how I made it work for me:

Set the timer for 10 minutes.

1 minute of  standing oblique crunches
1 minute of tricep dips.
2 minutes of squats.
11/2 minutes of bicep curls (with 5 lb. weights - I am a wimp)
2 minutes of lunges - alternating legs
1 minute of shoulder flys
1 1/2 minute of yoga/stretching - downward dog pose, warrior pose

And DONE!  I did this in the afternoon after I finished cleaning up the kitchen.  I think this is doable and something I can commit to if I can't commit to anything else.  It also makes me want to do some more once I am done with that.

Now if I could get my walk in we would be good for the day.

How do you fit exercise into your day - cheaply and easily?  I am always looking for ideas.


5 comments:

  1. The only way I get a workout in is at the YMCA. I use the one in Hendricks county because its really close to the kids school. The childcare there is excellent! Unfortunately I can't say the same about the YMCA on the south side. (sorry of anyone reading this works there, I just had a few bad experiences) I used to jog in the evening at home but I found that I was just to tired by then.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sorry- I failed to mention in my comment that I think this is a really good idea. And I am amazed you are doing this 6 wks before the birth of baby #4! Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Crunches? Really?? Whilst prego?? I could never. Although by the time I am as pregnant as you are I am lucky to be seen standing...

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Sarah
    At this stage of the game going to the gym just won't happen so I just have to look for ways to do it at home and to be more consistent! But I think you are doing an amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Andy and Cari
    They are those standing crunches and believe me, I don't get that far.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly