I usually try to keep my kitchen stocked with basic supplies so I had everything on hand. I also have my master muffin mix on hand and we actually only ever make the chocolate chip pumpkin muffins because EVERYONE likes those.
- Blender Batter Waffles
- Cooked bacon (*I didn't get to this)
- OAMC French toast sticks (for the freezer)
- Muffins - Using variations from the Master Muffin Mix from Home Joys with more variations
|Making muffins - I use the reusable silicone muffin liners|
I also use the blender batter waffle recipe - I never do the overnight soaking thing and lately I have been using oat groats because I have them on hand.
I love my waffle maker because it makes 4 smaller thinner waffles which are great to put in the toaster oven straight from the freezer!
Here are the totals - 25 waffles, 17 muffins, 10 pieces of french toast and 25 french toast sticks.
I love having homemade breakfasts in the freezer. It has taken a lot of trial and error to figure out the best breakfasts to make and freeze that the whole family will eat - but this list is a hit with everyone.
My advice to pull this off :
- Have an empty dishwasher and clean kitchen before you start.
- Get all ingredients and small appliances you are going to use out and on the table.
- Wash and reuse bowls, cups and spoons as you go so you don't have a kitchen full of dirty dishes when you are done.
I plan on making Monday my "make ahead day". Next week I think I will do mixes.
I would encourage you to do this small version of freezer cooking once a week. Think about how much this would have cost me if I had bought this at the store - even on sale Eggo waffles are about $1.50 to $2.50 and the ingredients are not nearly as healthy as mine and they come in a pack of 10.
This post linked to Money Saving Mom's Frugal Photo Friday and Tammy's Recipes - Kitchen Tip Tuesday.