We are of the school of southern cornbread, therefore I have never made sweet cornbread. My husband requested I did so today I tried it. Guess what, we loved it. He loved it much better than our regular cornbread (I know Grandma would be shocked if she were here). I don't know how good it would be with beans but it was very good with our Sunday dinner. Guess what else - I made up my own recipe? I never do that with baked goods because you have to be more precise with measurements but this one actually worked really well and I will be sharing it this week.
Anywho, here is this week's menu plan.
I keep breakfast and lunches simple. I do some things on the weekend to make it easier for the week. I try to serve smoothies with breakfast or at least sometime between breakfast and lunch.
- Blender Batter Waffles
- Eggs and bacon and toast
- Yogurt and toast and fruit
- OAMC French toast sticks (for the freezer)
- Muffins - Using variations from the Master Muffin Mix from Home Joys with more variations
- PB & J (from the freezer), fruit and veggies
- Mini pizzas and carrots
- Roast chicken in the slow cooker, mashed potatoes, baked butter carrots and cornbread (recipe to come)
- Penne with sausage, potatoes and green beans (Food Nanny cookbook)
- Beans and Spanish rice and all the fixins with some tortilla chips
- Cracker Barrel style Chicken and Dumplings, green beans and corn
- Pizza , Easy whole wheat breadsticks, Spinach Salad
- Leftover Buffet
- BBQ Meatballs, oven baked fries, steamed veggies (didn't have this last week)
Mini freezer cooking session (didn't do this last week):
Cheesy Pastry Puffs
OAMC French toast sticks
Hope you have a great week! And check out more menu plans at Menu Plan Monday.