I love easy meals. Meals you can put together quickly. It is even better when you have the ingredients on hand so you don't have to run to the store.
Today's meal is
Homemade Hamburger Helper from Kitchen Stewardship
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder or 2-3 tsp. onion flakes
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder (or 1 clove minced garlic)
- 1 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- hefty squirt of mustard
- 1 3/4 c. water
- salt to taste (at least 1/2 tsp?)
- 2 1/2 c. pasta (see note below)
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- Brown and drain beef.
- Stir in pepper, onion powder, garlic, tomato sauce, and mustard.
- Pour in water and pasta.
- Bring to a boil and reduce heat;
- Cover and simmer 15 minutes, stirring occasionally until the water is absorbed and the pasta is cooked.
- Turn the heat off and stir in the cheese.
I usually make corn or a salad with this meal.
I also like to do easy bread sticks.
Take 5-6 pieces of bread. Butter and sprinkle with garlic salt and bake at 350 till lightly browned. Cut into strips and serve.