Sunday, February 23, 2014

Week(s) in Review - The last two weeks



 School Stuff

We had a small get together for Valentine's Day - complete with cookie decorating and a science experiment.



She said, "Mommy, I do it.  Cookie."


We did the flowers in the colored water experiment.




It was my friend and my homeschool co-op cohort's birthday so we made her favorite treat - Rice Crispy Treats!


The next week we went to an aquarium!




I love this fish.  It just cracked me up.






We also took the kids to eat beforehand because we had to wait as it was a crowded day to go.


We have been listening to Curious George during lunch.  The kids turn the pages as we listen to the CD.







Here they are doing a drawing lesson.



 My son and I are doing a history coloring page while we listen to our history audio.


We did co-op this past week.  The older girls worked on a puzzle map of Europe.






My friend's oldest son joined us and taught the kids how to make homemade moon sand.  MESSY!





We learned how to draw a compass rose this week.  The older kids already were familiar with it but I want it to be imprinted on our memories so we can move onto drawing the continents and then the countries!


All in all, it was a pretty good couple weeks.  I think you are always tweaking homeschool routines but I feel like we are getting in a groove (that only took 6 months, ha!).

Home Stuff

We watched my niece and nephew one night and the kids had so much fun! 




My little girl loves to try to "do it" herself.  Here she is fixing her hair.


This kid - what can I say?

We had one really warm day and so I fixed our favorite summer treat - lemonade slushies and our favorite nightly treat - popcorn!





How was your week?



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly