Wednesday, March 18, 2015

My Paleo Meatloaf

Meatloaf is just one of those easy meals that I make that my whole family likes.  Those type of meals are rare (ones that everyone likes).  I don't really measure things but I kind of just throw them in so this isn't an exact recipe.


A photo posted by Gretchen (@extraordinaryordinarylife) on
I use 2 pounds of grassfed beef or 1 pound of grassfed beef and 1 pound of ground venison.  To that I add 1/4 cup of almond flour, 1 beaten egg, a few teaspoons of Italian seasoning, garlic powder, onion power, salt and pepper (I don't really measure them out).

Preheat oven to 425 and then mix all of the above.  Form it into a loaf and bake 45-50 minutes.  Then I mix 1/4 cup of organic ketchup (or if you want to make your own do it!) and 1 tablespoon of honey.  I take out the meatloaf and coat the top of it with the ketchup mixture and bake an additional 5-7 minutes.

Allow to cool and serve!  We rarely have leftovers.  You can also just leave out the almond flour if you have a nut allergy in your family.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly