Sunday, July 13, 2008

Memorization Monday (on Sunday) . . . Take the Challenge, Week 2

Last week I posted about how our pastor challenged us to memorize Scripture. My verse for last week was Psalm 119:2. I took the challenge and I even had my 3 year old memorize it as well. I did memorize this verse and I said it to my husband. I am using my husband and a friend as my accountability partner. So that way I know someone will hold me accountable. How did you all do?

Here are some informational website links about memorizing Scripture

How to Memorize Scripture
What I have learned memorizing Bible verses
Memorizing Scripture

Onto this week, so for this week's verse I have chosen Ephesians 2:8 & 9. These next verses that I will be working on are from a class that I went through at our church. Ephesians 2:8 and 9 are great verses and many of you may have memorized them when you were young, but it is always good to refresh your memory. So now, say last week's verse to yourself, and then write down this week's verses and keep going over it.

Ephesians 2:8 & 9

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. (NIV)

8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:

9Not of works, lest any man should boast. (King James Version)


8 For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; 9 not as a result of works, so that no one may boast (New American Standard Version)

8 For by grace you have been saved through faith, and that not of yourselves; it is the gift of God, 9 not of works, lest anyone should boast. (New King James Version)

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly