I am trying to slowly build up a food storage. I still need to look into apple prices for canning some applesauce and apple pie filling. Also, I am still going to look into canning some soups. I would like to try this Beef Vegetable soup and this Chicken Corn Soup and maybe some chili.
Now onto my menu, as usual I keep breakfast and lunches simple. We eat the same thing week after week for breakfast and lunch. I make a bunch of the blender batter waffles on Saturday to put in the freezer for the rest of the week. I also cook my bacon in bulk and freeze to pull out and microwave during the week.
Still using more of the freezer cooking that I did in my menu plan this week.
- Blueberry Overnight Coffeecake
- Blender Batter Waffles
- Smoothies - my husband is our smoothie maker - he experiments with new ones every week
- Giant Breakfast Cookies and peaches (need to make these this week)
- Cereal and milk
*This week for lunch I am trying something - pre-making our lunches for the week inspired by Life as a Mom.
I will be filling these lunches with:
- Homemade Uncrustables (using homemade bread and strawberry jam), grapes and cheesesticks
- Homemade hot pockets (using different fillings - pizza, ham & cheese, chicken and cheese, etc.), applesauce and carrots
- Leftovers (we almost always have leftovers for lunch)
- Nachos, salad and corn
- Alfredo Pasta Bake, peas, Garlic Bread and fruit
- Pizza, Easy whole wheat breadsticks, Spinach Salad and strawberry slushies
- Grilled pork chops, cheesy ranch potatoes and steamed broccoli
- BBQ Chicken Wraps, spinach salad and apple crisp
- Leftover Buffet
Check out more menus at Menu Plan Monday. I hope you have a blessed week!