I am trying to slowly build up a food storage. This past week I bought 50 lbs. of popcorn. Yes, we like popcorn. I am storing it in my food storage bucket (5 gallon) from my wheat that I used.
Now onto my menu, as usual I keep breakfast and lunches simple. We eat the same thing week after week for breakfast and lunch. I make a bunch of the blender batter waffles on Saturday to put in the freezer for the rest of the week. I also cook my bacon in bulk and freeze to pull out and microwave during the week.
Still using more of the freezer cooking that I did in my menu plan this week.
- English muffin breakfast sandwiches and applesauce or grapes
- Blender Batter Waffles
- Smoothies - my husband is our smoothie maker - he experiments with new ones every week
- Giant Breakfast Cookies and peaches
- Clif kids organic bars (when we are in a hurry)
You can read how my lunch experiment (from last week) worked here. I am doing it again this week.
I will be filling these lunches with:
- Homemade uncrustables, grapes and carrots
- Homemade luncheables (using lunch meat, sliced cheese and crackers), grapes and carrots
- Leftovers and applesauce
- Clif Protein Bars (for me)
- Cheesy Potatoes and smoked sausage bake, salad and bread
- Chicken and Noodles, mashed potatoes, corn and whole wheat rolls
- Burrito Pie, salad and corn
- Pizza, Easy whole wheat breadsticks, Spinach Salad and strawberry slushies
- Spaghetti and meatballs, broccoli and garlic bread
- Leftover Buffet
Check out more menus at Menu Plan Monday. I hope you have a blessed week!