You can find the whole tutorial here. Today's ornament is a shepherd's staff.
1. Use Shannon's page to cut out the ornament. You may go here to print it. The ornament is at the bottom of the paper. Cut out a colored ornament and a white ornament.
2. Next, find your symbol. Today's ornament is actually a lamb and a shepherd's staff but I just did the staff. You could probably draw this yourself but I am not very artistic so I needed a picture. Right click the picture and paste it into Word. You can make this smaller (or bigger) in Word if you need to. Just use the staff in this picture. Just cut it out. Here is an idea:
**You could get your Heat N Bond Lite and trace your symbol onto it. Then you will want to iron it onto the white felt. When using your iron, put it onto the steam setting even though the Heat N Lite instructions say not to. Use a tea towel or something over the felt as your ironing it because felt will burn. Yes, I said felt will burn.
4. Sew the white and color-side of the ornaments together. Leave an opening at the top. I only sewed the bottom half. I used "invisible thread" to sew each of my ornaments so you won't have to keep changing your thread unless you just want to use white thread which is fine too.
5. Once your ornament is put together glue it (see above) on your white side of your ornament (I didn't do this).
6. Put your number on the color side of the ornament. You can cut out the numbers from here. You could also buy the stick on felt numbers at your local craft store. Make sure they will fit onto your ornament before you buy them.
There you are - you made almost half of your ornaments! Any questions? Also, if you are doing this will you leave me a comment and then post a link to your tree when you are done if you have a blog?