Monday, November 28, 2011

My Felt Advent Jesse Tree - the Tree!


You have done all of the ornaments!  Now is the time to do the tree.

Here are the supplies you need:

Felt by the yard - 3/4 to 1 yard of green and white
Heat n bond light OR fabric glue - you don't have to get the Heat N Bond but it makes things a lot easier
Hook and eye closures (25 of them)
Invisible thread (optional but easier)

Go cut out (click this for the paper to print) the tree, the angel and the stem if you haven't already from Shannon's blog.  Use the colors that she states.   When cutting out the tree you will want to do this:  Fold your green fabric in half.  Use the cut out for the top layers and then layer it as you see on the instruction sheet.

Then connect the two sides at every indent with a seam.  I used invisible thread for this.

Once you do that you have a guide for where to put your ornaments.  I laid out my ornaments onto my tree and then pinned them on so I could tell where to sew the closures at.
 
This takes time so be prepared but you can do it while you are sitting on the couch watching TV - hand sew your hook closures on.


After I did that I laid out my tree on my white material.  I pinned the tree and the trunk and sewed around the tree.  After that, I pinned the angel and sewed that on.  Then I sewed the trunk and sewed around it and the X on it.

I then hemmed it on both ends.  I hemmed it about one inch.  I ended up using a dowel rod and glued ribbon to each end and tied in the middle and hung it on the back of the kids closet door in their room.

Then try it out and your done!


Now, how many of you did it?  If so please leave me a link or a comment and let me know!  Also, let me know if I left any instructions out or if you have any other questions.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments!

Printfriendly