Now onto the menu plan - as you may know I have been doing some freezer cooking to make life a little easier around here.
I made dinner for my Stepmom on Friday night and I made Pioneer Woman's red velvet cake (although mine was more like dark pink velvet cake). My stepmom and I had been talking about how people put cream cheese icing on it and that is not the way it used to be and so I found this recipe with the original icing and made it for her. The fact that it was a sheet cake made me want to make it even more since I didn't have to make layers and such. Have I mentioned that I love to bake?
I fixed food that she likes because my dad is a big fan of beef and not chicken so she doesn't get to have chicken a lot, bless her heart. So we had Sticky Chicken, baked potatoes, green beans, black eyed peas, homemade whole wheat bread (which my dad actually liked and I sent some home with him) and PW's red velvet sheet cake. It was a nice evening. Love ya T!
Don't worry I am making lunch for my Mom tomorrow but the menu has yet to be decided. She just likes a good home cooked meal because she doesn't get that very often. Love you too Mom!
I keep breakfast and lunches simple. I do some things on the weekend to make it easier for the week. Breakfasts are usually served with fruit smoothies.
- Blender Batter Waffles
- Eggs and bacon and toast or breakfast sandwiches
- Muffins - Using variations from the Master Muffin Mix from Home Joys with more variations
- Almond Coconut Granola or Peanut butter granola and yogurt or Milk
- PB&J (from the freezer), fruit and veggie trays
- Leftovers and applesauce
- Mini Meatloaves (from the Versatile Beef Mix), carrots and raisins
- Communal lunch
- My husband is cooking for me for Mother's Day!
- Roast in the slow cooker, mashed potatoes and green beans
- Spaghetti and meat balls (new sauce recipe I am trying), salad and garlic bread
- Frito Chili Pie and corn and smoothie (Didn't have last week)
- Pizza, Easy whole wheat breadsticks, Spinach Salad and strawberry slushie
- Hamburgers on the grill, corn on the cob (on the grill), baked beans and salad
- Leftover Buffet
Check out more menus at Menu Plan Monday.What are you all having this week? Remember, a menu plan just may save your sanity.