Sunday, May 13, 2012

Menu Plan - 5.13.12 - Happy Mother's Day



Happy Mother's Day to all you Mommas out there (and Grandmommas too).  I hope you are having a wonderful day.  I would also like to give a shout out to all the single moms out there - you work so hard!  I appreciate all you do on behalf of your children.  I know it has to be difficult.

Now onto the menu plan - as you may know I have been doing some freezer cooking to make life a little easier around here.

I made dinner for my Stepmom on Friday night and I made Pioneer Woman's red velvet cake (although mine was more like dark pink velvet cake).  My stepmom and I had been talking about how people put cream cheese icing on it and that is not the way it used to be and so I found this recipe with the original icing and made it for her.  The fact that it was a sheet cake made me want to make it even more since I didn't have to make layers and such.  Have I mentioned that I love to bake?



I fixed food that she likes because my dad is a big fan of beef and not chicken so she doesn't get to have chicken a lot, bless her heart.  So we had Sticky Chicken, baked potatoes, green beans, black eyed peas, homemade whole wheat bread (which my dad actually liked and I sent some home with him) and PW's red velvet sheet cake.  It was a nice evening.  Love ya T!

Don't worry I am making lunch for my Mom tomorrow but the menu has yet to be decided.  She just likes a good home cooked meal because she doesn't get that very often.  Love you too Mom!

Menu Plan

I keep breakfast and lunches simple.  I do some things on the weekend to make it easier for the week. Breakfasts are usually served with fruit smoothies.

Breakfast:

Lunch:


Supper:

Check out more menus at Menu Plan Monday.
What are you all having this week?  Remember, a menu plan just may save your sanity.

2 comments:

  1. So what did your husband cook for you? It's always so nice when Josh does the cooking- especially the grilling. I can do a lot, but I am no good at grilling! Happy Mothers Day! You're one of the best mommies I know :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sarah
    He makes the same thing every year. It is from the freezer section at the grocery store - either lasagna or pasta casserole of some sort, garlic bread, salad and a dessert. But I am not complaining, I love it!

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly