Monday, September 3, 2012

Frugal tip - Cook waffles for the freezer

Whenever I pass the Eggo waffles I want to buy them and I sometimes do.   But tonight as I was shopping I stopped myself because I knew I had all the ingredients to make these at home.  Which is what I am doing.  Right now.

I have to stop relying on convenience food because food prices are going up and I can't keep doing that and saving money.

I often use a blender batter waffle recipe that calls for wheat berries, but I am out.  So I found this recipe that enables me to use oats instead!  Oh and when I use this recipe I just use regular milk and I don't let it ferment or anything.  I just put all the ingredients into the blender then pour the batter and my pre-heated waffle iron.



I make the waffles then flash freeze them on a pan.  Then I put them in Ziplock baggies and we just throw them in the toaster in the morning!  Healthier and cheaper than "those" other waffles.



There is your frugal post for today.
Published with Blogger-droid v2.0.8

1 comment:

  1. It's ridiculous that I've been cooking all these years and didn't know what the term "flash freeze" meant. It sounds so 'culinary' Then I realized it's something I've been doing all along! ha! I just didn't know it had a fancy name. I thought only big frozen food producers could do it.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments!

Printfriendly