Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Homemade Felt Trick or Treat Bags



My daughter wanted me to make her a homemade bag for her candy for Halloween.  I was going to just do a pumpkin bag but she requested a bee bag to match her costume.  I used a tutorial from Homemade by Jill.  I just used simple felt and some simple sewing and hot glue.  We printed off some bumblebee clip art and just used that as our "pattern" for the bumblee.


I did sew the bag very simply per the tutorial but the rest of it I just hot glued.  I found some fabric I had on hand to make the straps.

I also made one for my niece.  She designed this all by herself.  Did you know they make pink leopard print felt?  They do!  She is going to be an 80's rocker so that is why it looks like this:

She is 9 so she was able to hot glue the pom poms to the straps by herself with my supervision of course.  She also used glitter glue to glue the "eyes" on the front in the shape of a "J" which is what her name starts with.


I haven't made the boys one yet because I just don't think they will care but we may end up doing a pumpkin one for them.

I think I may have to try more crafting with felt.  It is really pretty simple.




2 comments:

I love comments!

Printfriendly