Monday, October 24, 2011
Three Things I do to make my week easier and 10 goals for the week
I missed a week doing my goals (or at least putting them on paper). I am back this week. I wanted to share with you what I have slowly started doing on Sunday nights that helps me have a better week. I did not start this all at once. I took one week and added one thing, then the next Sunday I added another thing until now. Here are the 3 things that help me have a smoother week.
1. You already know about this but I pack the kid's lunch for the week even though we eat at home most of the week. You can read more about how I do it here.
2. I pick out 5 outfits for the kids and put them in this hanging organizer so they can easily grab an outfit for every weekday. I just do this after I've done their laundry so it is easy to do. I don't do it for my littlest guy because I dress him anyway. I try to put an outfit in each box including socks.
3. I have started making homemade freezer breakfast sandwiches. I usually only have to do this every other week. You can read how I do this here.
It honestly takes less than an hour to do all three things, but it makes my week run so much more smoothly. The kids also help out sometimes too. It also makes me less grouchy in the morning knowing that these things are already done. I am limiting it to three things because adding anymore makes me grouchy on Sunday nights. And who wants a grouchy mom (or wife)?
One last thing - you already know this - I post my menu plan and then print it out and put it on the fridge this way I always know what we will be having and I can trade days around if I want to but at least I know there are 5-6 meals we can eat each week and we have all of the ingredients on hand.
Now onto some new goals so I can hopefully form new habits:
This week's goals:
1. Work on getting the kids to do their morning chores on their own quickly.
2. Work on keeping a soft voice when dealing with the children. I had been doing well but need to keep at it.
3. Work on doing the 10 Minute Solutions videos on Netflix every morning - doing at least 2 (20 minutes). Maybe saying exactly what I should be doing will make me do it.
4. Finish reading How We Got the Bible - I am loving this so far!
Home Management Goals
5. Make and can apple butter and apple pie filling.
6. Work on price list and refining grocery budget.
7. Work on plan for next freezer cooking - still working on this.
8. Work on Christmas list - see what else I need to buy, keep on making the ones I need to.
9. Make a meal (or freezer meal) for someone this week and take it to them.
10. Write two encouraging notes this week, one to a missionary from our church. Have the kids also write a note or draw a picture to include.